There’s lots of other places on the web to get Girl Guide resources. Here are some of our favourites.
Do you have a great link that is missing from our list? Send it to us via our contact page.
- Ottawa Area Guiders on Facebook- If you're not on Facebook, this is the reason to join - the Ottawa Area Guiders group is the place to learn about upcoming events, to ask questions, to get support, and to access tons of resources in their files section.
- New Guider Handbook- This is a great little handbook for brand new guiders - just a simple overview of what you'll need to learn, the Girls First platform, and specific notes about each guiding level. Created and published by Girl Guides of Canada.
- Guiders of Canada - Unofficial on Facebook- Another reason to join Facebook - the Unofficial group for Guiders of Canada has some great resources in the files, plus someone is always posting a really good meeting idea.
- E-Patches and Crests- There are lots of places to get custom and specialty patches online, but this Canadian seller has the best prices for our local dollar.
- Becky's (Dragon's) Guiding Resource Centre- If you've never been to Becky's site, go there now. You'll find ceremony ideas, games of all kinds, lyrics to common Guide songs, and so much more. It's an absolutely essential resource.
- Guiding with Jewels- Tons of song and activity ideas - particularly useful for Sparks leaders.
- Girl Guides CAN Blog- Lots of articles about the guiding organization and what our message is, and where we fit in; as well as ideas for meetings and activities.
- Girl Guide Adventures- Activities and ideas for Canadian Girl Guide units.
- The Camping Owl- A blog that isn't really updated any more, but still has some great ideas in the archives.
- A Canadian Guider- A blog that hasn't been updated in several years but still has some great stuff in the archives - check the column on the right to look for info on specific topics.
- Guiding with Guider Dusk- Song resources! Including how to plan a campfire and how to teach a song.
- My Virtual Songbook- YouTube Channel for My Virtual Songbook, a collection of classic Girl Guide Songs. If you don't know the tune, this is definitely the place to go.
- Tune Guide- Another great song library, with tunes included.
- Poison Ivy Quiz- Can you - or your girls - recognize Poison Ivy? It's always good to check before a camping trip!
- How to Make a Buddy Burner- Good instructions on how to make a Buddy Burner.
- Hike It Baby- A blog all about hiking with kids - safety, guidelines, suggestions, and activity ideas.
- US Scouting Service Project- An American site for Boy Scouts, but still has some great ideas for winter camping, survival skills, games, outdoor cooking, and campfire planning.
- Scout Master CG- An American scouter site but has some good ideas (under "Program Ideas" and "Scout Library") for outdoor and camping-related activities.