These three escape rooms were written by Elisha Hardwick, a guider located in Kingston, Ontario. They’re great for covering Guide Together programming areas (Our Story, Spirit of Guiding and/or Global Guiding) in a fun and interactive way. You could also count them under My Healthy Relationships as they are a great team-building exercise.
Notes for all three escape rooms:
- No external equipment (such as locks or boxes) are required. The escape rooms are puzzle based – girls solve a series of worksheet-based puzzles to move from one level to the next. You will only need to print out the puzzles to run the escape room (some puzzles work best when printed in colour).
- All escape rooms have some “poster” style information containing clues – these should be printed and pasted around the room – and also individual worksheets to print for each girl or team.
- You can run this escape room with a large group – break the girls into teams and have each team run at the same time.
- These work best with guide, pathfinder, or ranger age due to level of difficulty of the puzzles. If running with a guide group, try to mix teams so that third years are matched with second and first year girls, to help them out.
- A good time guideline for these is around 45 minutes to escape.
To get started, just download the PDF file, read it through, and print what you need.
Read a blog post about what it’s like to run one of these escape rooms for a Guide-level unit here.