Girl Guides of Canada partnered with the Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund (DWF), to inspire girls to start or continue their journey of truth and reconciliation as part of the ReconciliACTION National Service Project so girls can make an impact for a better world both during and after the National Service Project (NSP).
This Legacy School Kits has materials to help girls of all ages explore the impact of residential schools on Indigenous people. It contains the following materials:
- A Legacy Schools ReconciliACTION Guide
- A Secret Path graphic novel and album download
- This graphic novel is a recommended resource for older girls. It is not suitable for Sparks and Embers. Check out the NSP instant meeting for Sparks and Embers for appropriate activities.
- A flag to use during your reconciliACTIONs
- The book On the Trapline which is appropriate for all ages.